Thursday, October 11, 2012

Healthy Thursday

So as you can see by the heading Thursday will be Healthy Thursday.

For the first healthy Thursday I want to share with you something I tried yesterday.
First of all I hate harsh chemicals and cleaning supplies so am always looking for ways to replace them.
Yesterday I was cleaning my kitchen and took down the vent cover above the stove and it was nasty, as you can see from this pic.


Now its not as nasty as it could be or has been but it still needed cleaning. I had just cleaned a silver trivet with (you guessed it) toothpaste and there was still some left in the tube so I figured why not give it a try. Now I keep an old toothbrush under my kitchen sink for cleaning all sorts of things and had used it on this before so I knew it would work. And I have to say it didn't do to bad, here is the after shot.


It did take the rest of the tube I was using plus one more but this is the size of the "tubes."


Sorry about the quality but the flash kept washing it out entirely. I got these little gems in a big bag of samples from the thrift store for about $2.00. There are at least five more toothpaste samples in the bag plus quite a few shampoo, conditioner and body wash samples. I would say there were probably 30 samples in all. Not bad for $2.00. 

So I would say the toothpaste definitly worked, it got all the grease and nastiness out of there, I try and clean the screen once a month but to be honest it had probably been at least six months since I last did it. So I would definitly try this again. 

If you have a great way to clean these without all the harsh fumes please let me know about it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment